RiscStation Ltd. is amongst the first non-Acorn RISC OS manufacturers. It is not only their well-specced machines that sets them apart but also the unique future prospect of RiscStation. These systems are equipped with the brand new RISC OS 4 operating system. StarLight Corp. is therefore delighted for this advanced development on the RISC OS market.
Of course if you would like to see a RISC OS computer at work, I can
give you a list of users, you can pay me visit or you can go to an
Acorn users group. For pricing of these machines just call (voice
or fax), email, meet me at IRC (on IRCnet channel: #Acorn) or pay me visit. I live in the centre of Antwerp near the Ring.
RiscStation RISC computers: European innovation at top level.
Is this the replacement for the A7000plus? Or is this machine the first of a new breed of high speed and affordable desktop consumer desktop computers. Don't let the 'simple' specifications fool you! The 32-bit RISC processor from ARM Ltd. delivers high speed at low Mhz. The Operating System is stored on (Flash-)ROM and is therefore immune to virus attacks. And more importantly this system has everything you would want from a modern home-computer system.
- 16MB RAM (expandable to 256MB)
- 4.3 GB harddrive
- 1.6MB Floppydrive (reads & writes PC disks 1.44MB)
- 40X CD ROM reader
- 4X 32-bits PCI slots
- 2X high speed serial ports (460 Kbaud)
- 1X 10baseT netwerk port
- 1X high speed printer port
- 1X PC joystick port
- optional IR-port
- E-IDE for 4 IDE devices
- 16-bits Stereo sound in/output with mixer and MIDI.
- PS/2 mouse and PS/2 keyboard.
Al RiscStation R7500 systems have the following extra's:
- According model: 60Watt speakers
- According model: 14 inch monitor
- DrawWorks Millenium - a semi-professional vector drawing package.
- Easi Writer - a fantastic wordprocessor. (MS Word compatible)
- PipeDream 4.5 - Open plan Office suite. Create your database and spreadsheet fast and easy.
+ an array of applications from DemoZone/GameZone including Botkiller and Ankh.
PCI Upgrade projects:
- StrongARM processor upgrade
- MultiProcessor carrier boards - You can have 8 cpu's per board and upto 3 boards in your R7500. Total of 24 StrongARM-cpu's!
- PC cards - The old tradition continues with these future PC cards that'll let you run Microsoft Windows applications on your R7500.
- 32-bits SCSI card - use scanners, add harddrives or CD-re-writers on your system.
- 100baseT network upgrade - the faster brother of 10baseT
- USB - the new standard to use cheap and slower hardware on your computer.
- 3D graphic accelerators - Soon RISC OS users can also experience the power of enhanced 3D gameplay in high resolution.
- ATA 66 IDE upgrade - the faster brother of the inbuild IDE interface
- MPEG Decode/Encoder - World standard for encoding and decoding. Suited to convert movies to high quality digital format.
© StarLight Corp.